Monday 1 June 2015

Gatwick Airport to Lisbon 1st June

Can it be a year ago that I set off on my last Camino? I cannot believe I am now on an aircraft bound for Lisbon to do it all again, I feel nervous but excited.


Yesterday, Matt phoned me and asked me how I felt and my response, much to his surprise, was that I felt very nervous, to which he replied why are you nervous? You have done it before! That is why I am nervous, because I know what to expect, only people who have done long distance walking know what your feet and lower body go through so be prepared for a lot of photos of this ( sorry Hugh!) 


I'm joined by my Nephew Yotty who with a rush of blood to his head decided three weeks ago that he felt he wanted to walk the Camino, so he has had little time to prepare for this mammoth undertaking, bearing in mind he has never been abroad before let alone spent any time with me shows real guts and he has my utmost admiration. He has promised me that he will look after me and believe you me I need looking after as anyone who has walked with me before will bear witness to.
Also Barney from work is joining us for the first four days, I am sure the only reason he is coming is to make sure I actually go, as work seems to go much better when I am not there!!!


Back by popular demand will be dog on a blog, so I will start this blog off with a real gem my dog Pip,for best reasons known to himself Guy has asked me to feature cow on a blog so that will become a regular feature as well.


Last year I managed to walk 500 miles and I put on 2 lbs. How I managed that goodness only knows. This year I am going to try and be moderate and cut back on the booze and food. A poor start I will grant you!!


So weak I hear you say, yes you are right!!
We land in 1 hours time,then we get a taxi to the cathedral and start walking virtually immediately ,well after a welcoming beer and some lunch,there is no doubt this is the lull before the storm.I am looking forward to seeing the first yellow camino arrow to guide us on our way.The pilot has just told us that the temperature in Lisbon is 28 degrees ,so not too hot I am pleased to say.




  Lisbon on final approach.


Landed no going back now !!!!

Next blog tonight




















No comments:

Post a Comment