Thursday 18 June 2015

Day 18 Vilarinho to Barcelos

Had to take some more photos of those amazing umbrellas before we went down to the sea and watched the sun go down last night.




We got up at 0600 and Matt arranged a taxi for 0630 and somehow managed to talk the driver into bringing us bacon sandwiches, the taxi took us to the start of the stage at Vilarinho.





He dropped us off and duely gave us the bacon rolls much to our delight.
Then we started to walk.




It was not long before we came to another beautiful medieval bridge.







Dog on a blog was just waiting over the bridge for us.



What a beautiful sight this was, girls at European you should be ecstatic with these photos.



We stopped at Mamade for a much needed drink, sadly they only had one tart. Matt tried to make some attachments for the shoulder straps on Yottys rucksack as they were causing him a lot of pain.



It was the walking that Yotty and I had experienced; it was nice for Matt to see the beautiful countryside, this was proper camino and we were all pleased we had left the coastal route
behind us.




This one is for you Jeremy from Martin ,he send his apologies as he does not have a pole,



It was now becoming extremely hot and for the first time I questioned my commitment to the walk, I was exhausted, strangely yesterday was a good day.
We have got three days ahead of us of: 21, 23 and 20 miles,I pray I am up to it, Yotty and I shall be going back to our regime of getting up early to beat the sun, otherwise I have not got a hope of finishing it in this heat, Matt and Marttin will follow us later.


Might as well be on the other side of the planet.




After seven hours we arrived at Barcelos, it was a gutty walk through the suburbs .



It was worth it when we got here, what a beautiful town.






We found our hotel and it was straight into the usual routine, I have never been so pleased to get my boots and sweaty clothing off.

We then went and had drink and had something to eat.







Stats for today

Walked 17.50 miles

Distance covered 247 miles.

Distance to Santiago 116 miles.

Tarts had 67.



















































1 comment:

  1. Great photos, I'm very envious!

    I agree with the 'get up earlier' and avoid the heat, you must be cooking th the afternoons!

    Good luck with the next 3 long days.

    ReplyDelete