Sunday 28 June 2015

Day 28 Negreira to Oliveiroa

My worst fears were realised last night in our dormitory, I was awoken by a fat perigrino who arrived at 2300, he closed the windows, took about 20 minutes to get himself sorted out in the dark, then started to snore for Great Britain, then a few others joined in. That combined with the heat put paid to any chance of me sleeping, I am sure I heard more than 1 trump to add to my woes. I woke the boys up at 0430, as arranged, and we crept out of that sweatbox .
I have never been so pleased to leave a place in my life and I will never stay in an Albergue again.
I started the walk more tired than I can remember .



The first five miles were in total darkness which is a shame as I knew we were climbing up through beautiful woodland, but better this way than getting up late and being caught in the afternoon sun.


We had our first stop.



We could see wind turbines through the morning mist, we had climbed over 1400 feet.






I was tempted believe me


Time for our second stop we were ready for a drink and some food.


Today was a mixture of country roads and tracks.





We had now clocked up about 13 miles and I was struggling. Not only was I tired but my Achilles on both ankles were really hurting. Rushing up that hill yesterday was proving to be a big mistake and I was going to pay for it.


Matts front false tooth was coming loose, so he needed to do some repairs. When I say repairs it involved him yanking it out then putting some super glue on it and ramming it back in again .






It worked!!!! Thank god his tongue did not stick to the roof of his mouth,having said that !!!  Needless to say during this delicate procedure I was in hysterics.



The sun started to shine by midday.





This is the point last year when we took the left track when we should have taken the right, it took us 2 miles out of way before we realised our mistake, I did not make the same mistake.


DOB 


On we walked.




We had 3 miles to go and I just wanted the walk to end. I was exhausted and my Achilles were killing me.
The landscape was beginning to change, it was becoming rocky and more arid .






After 21 miles We entered Olveiro, we were ready for a beer and some water.



We checked in Casa Rural



Clothes were washed, then time for a beer and some water.
We walked into the village for something to eat.




Stats for today

Walked 21 miles 

395 miles covered

19 miles to Finisterre.

We are leaving at 0600 tomorrow, I pray I sleep well tonight.

I am pleased to say Matts tooth is still in place.




































































Then 







No comments:

Post a Comment